Monday, March 3, 2014

Homestudy Meeting

This past weekend we had our first home study meeting.   We are doing the homestudy only option through Adoption Minnesota.  We are much happier with our social worker this time, she is much less bossy and judgemental than the last one.   We also got a free consultation with an adoption attorney in our state.  Since the law firm we are working with is out of state we will need to hire an attorney here in MN as well, plus an attorney for whatever state the child is from.  This one charges $3200 just to handle the paper work.  I can see how private adoption can get expensive.  But we set our budget and still hope to spend around $20k vs the $30k our previous agency is now charging.  Our final meeting will be the end of March.  We needed some time to come up with the second half of the homestudy fee.  Since our profile is already being shown we are in no rush.  I haven't heard back about the native american baby situation.  I assume she hasn't chosen us or is reconsidering her adoption plan.  I'm a little disappointed, I was getting excited about having a new baby soon but I'm also relieved because I have no idea where we would get the money to pay for another adoption so soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment