Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Shaking Off That Mommy Feeling

Today is our 9 year wedding anniversary.  I can't believe all that has changed from the person I was 9 years ago.  And if you had told me I'd be married for 9 years before becoming a mom I probably would have cried.  I'm so glad God doesn't show us our future, really its better left a mystery.  We celebrated our anniversary last weekend by renting a hotel room about an hour from home and leaving J with his aunt for his first ever sleep over.  He was an angel, apparently didn't miss me at all!  He even slept all night for them.  I had a hard time leaving but once we got away I forgot about it and had a nice night.  When we were driving to the hotel, it just didn't feel right to leave the dogs and our baby with someone else and go away alone.  I felt guilty, I felt like it wasn't worth it and I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was missing something.  When we got to the hotel I sat next to DH and said "now what?  its weird just the two of us".  But we found stuff to do ;)  We went to dinner at a new place, relaxed in the hotel hot tub, and had a few drinks and dancing at the nightclub next to our hotel.  We enjoyed our night away and it was good for J too.  I want him to be the kind of kid that is happy to stay at grandma's house or auntie's house and not cry for mommy all night.  Everyone always comments how good he is and DH said to my mom that maybe Jen is doing something right and my mom says no you guys just got blessed with a really good baby.  Really, my own mother can't even give me any credit?  Funny how when kids behave badly parents get all the blame but when you have a good kid, your just lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment