Monday, August 9, 2010

Coolest Vegetable Ever!

This year I planted something new in my garden, spaghetti squash. It is about the coolest vegetable I've ever tried. When cooked the inside comes out stringy like spaghetti and I have to say it tastes about the same too. As a pasta lover I'm excited about this much healthier alternative. The only downside is that I get hungrier much faster than with actual pasta but its still a great diet food. Since I've been working at my new job its been much easier to go to the gym but I still haven't lost any weight. This week I started counting calories again so hopefully I'll be able to make some progress soon.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new blog look!! I have never planted spaghetti squash before, but now you have me intrigued! Does the plant get super huge like zuchinni and cucumbers--does it need lots of space?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, its taken over most of the garden and half the lawn! But its no worse than cucumbers or zuchini. It was planted near early stuff that's already been harvested to give it more space, stuff like green beans and sweet corn. You can roast the seeds like pumpkins too. I was amazed at such an interesting little vegetable when I cut it open and pulled the "spaghetti" out. You should definitely try it next year! I recommend only one plant though, I planted three and have more squash than I know what to do with.

    ReplyDelete